Gutter Maintenance, Repair, and Installation
Your roof’s water-channeling structure is critical to the overall maintenance of your home. Indeed, it is so vital to your home’s health that a backed up gutter can cause your roof to start leaking. The best way to ensure proper water flow throughout your gutter system is always to rely on reputable and certified gutter installation contractors to handle this important aspect of your roofing.
Whether you’re installing new gutters or replacing an existing system, there are certain factors you’ll need to consider. Gutter systems are more complicated than you may think so refer to the following list to familiarize yourself with the installation process:
- Downspouts – The downspout of your gutter system is responsible for channeling water away from the concrete foundation of your home. It should be fit tightly to the upper gutter system, and downspouts are usually flared or bent at the bottom to direct fluid and debris away from your home.
- Roofing Material – Your roofing material is one of the factors that determines the type of gutter system you will need. Roofs with shakes or shingles tend to need specialized drain systems. Other aspects that will affect the installation process are the pitch and style of the top of your home.
- Gutter Guards – These are accessories that you may opt to include in the installation process. They protect your gutters from leaves and other debris so that you will not have to worry about frequent cleaning.
These are only a few items that can impact your installation and pricing so make sure you always consult at length with your contractor of choice before making your selection.
Gutter cleaning may seem like a tedious chore, but the fact remains that it’s an essential part of home maintenance. Having your gutters cleaned on a regular basis by certified professionals will:
- Repel Pests – Gutters can play home for unwanted animals. For example, birds, mosquitoes, and even termites can all make a comfortable abode out of your gutters. Regularly cleaning your gutters will make it difficult, if not impossible for these pests to nest and wreak havoc on your home.
- Prevent Damage – When your rain gutters are jammed with leaves and other kinds of debris you are in danger of water damage; this is another it’s prudent to keep a clean gutter system.
- Protect Landscaping – If you’ve invested time and money into your landscaping, then you certainly want to have your gutters cleaned on a regular basis. Collapsed gutters due to clogs and heavy rain retention can destroy a perfectly manicured lawn or backyard.
You will not have to shoulder the burden of cleaning your gutters when you call on the professionals at Real Life Roofers. We offer full gutter cleaning services and have the experience to get the job done right the first time.
There are many tell-tale signs that you may be in need of gutter repair. If you are noticing pooling water in certain areas of your front or backyard, the culprit may by a compromised gutter component.
If there is water gathering in these areas for no apparent reason, it could mean that you have a leak in your gutter system that needs to be repaired. Here a few of the gutter repairs that we offer:
- Hole Patches – Steel gutters are vulnerable to rust that eats away at the material and creates holes. Aluminum gutters can be punctured easily by falling branches or other such impacts.
- Fixing Leaks – Even seamless gutters are not immune to leaks. Leaky joints pose a big problem to your gutter system and your house overall.
- Replacement Parts – When you need a spout, elbow, fascia hanger, or any other kind of part for your channel system, it is important to have it replaced as soon as possible.
So whether your situation calls for gutter cleaning, repair, or installation you can rely on Real Life Roofers to take care of the issue. For the Metrowest gutter specialists, you can trust, contact us today at 508-497-8189